Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 2020 09:54:31 +0200
From:      Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate@gmail.com>
To:        Aiden Leong <aiden.leong@aibsd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd@daemonic.se>
Subject:   Re: amdgpu on Ryzen 4700 w. Vega10 Renoir Graphics

Hi Aiden,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 6:31 AM Aiden Leong <aiden.leong@aibsd.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I have a laptop with Ryzen 4900H inside.
>
> AMD Ryzen 4000 Mobile Series is support by Linux from 5.5, while
> drm-devel-kmod is based on 5.3.
>
> I don't think it possible to drive Renoir without updating
> drm-devel-kmod to 5.5+

thx for your (albeit not so encouraging :-() thoughts.
I *thought* I'd seen Renoir featuring in some FreeBSD-connected table or
other ... I need to go look it up - couldn't find it though at first
attempt.
(in case people were wondering: I sent Niclas the data he requested offline
to keep this thread compact(er), I hope I didn't violate netiquette too
badly ... )

regards
Michael
--