Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2014 14:00:46 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Bernhard_Fr=C3=B6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Eric Masson <emss@free.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, vbox@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virtualbox-ose 4.3.12 guru meditation while booting any VM

Am 13.09.2014 00:06 schrieb "Eric Masson" <emss@free.fr>:

> Eric Masson <emss@free.fr> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I'm facing serious issues with virtualbox-ose since 4.3.x
> >
> > Current test has been done on r367755 :
> > virtualbox-ose-4.3.12_1        General-purpose full virtualizer for x86
hardware
> > virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.3.12     VirtualBox kernel module for FreeBSD
> >
> > Whenever I try to boot a VM (32/64 bits, any type), it enters Guru
> > Meditation state with the following message on host console :
> >
> > HMR0InitVM: ffffff808b9d9000
> > nfe0: promiscuous mode enabled
> >
> > !!Assertion Failed!!
> > Expression: pVCpu->hm.s.idLastCpu =3D=3D pCpu->idCpu
> > Location  :
/vol0/ports/build/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-4.3.12=
/src/VBox/VMM/VMMR0/HMSVMR0.cpp(967)
void hmR0SvmFlushTaggedTlb(PVMCPU)
> > vcpu idLastCpu=3Dffffffff pcpu idCpu=3D1
> > nfe0: promiscuous mode disabled
> >
> > Until now, I could revert to r340725, and then build 4.2.22, the last
> > revision working flawlessly here, but 9.3-P1 ports infrastructure now
> > refuses to build unstaged ports.
> >
> > Kernel, world & VBox ports have been built with gcc then clang, giving
> > the same error.
> >
> > uname -a
> > FreeBSD srvbsdfenssv.interne.associated-bears.org 9.3-RELEASE-p1 FreeBS=
> > 9.3-RELEASE-p1 #0 r271308: Wed Sep 10 00:21:18 CEST 2014
> > emss@srvbsdfenssv.interne.associated-bears.org:
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/M3N78-VM
> > amd64
> >
> > dmesg
> > http://emss.free.fr/contents/Divers/dmesg.txt
> >
> > VBox.log
> > http://emss.free.fr/contents/Divers/VBox.log
> >
> > Any idea on something I could have overlooked ?
> >
> > What information could help solve the issue, please ?
>
> Using GENERIC kernel doesn't change anything to VirtualBox behaviour.
> Same error pops up, any idea please ?
>
> Regards
>
> =C3=89ric Masson

You could try to disable the ports debug option to rule out that it is a
false assert. Building the vbox kmod port again with the matching kernel
sources to ensure it's no stupid incompatibility would also be good.