Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 2020 08:26:53 +0100
From:      Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PDF Documents Manipulation Software options

On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 at 23:14, Jordan <freebsd@jdev.sent.com> wrote:

> I need PDF software that can add pages, remove pages, extract pages and r=
edact.

> All of the PDF ports I have found are simply viewers and don't allow mani=
pulations of the PDF in a single packaged GUI application. I work with hund=
reds of PDFs each day so I cannot work within a CLI to manipulate the pages=
. I do a lot of extracting of pages into a new PDF by dragging and dropping=
 pages from PDF software to a GUI file manager such as Thunar.

The hard reality is that the only GUI application that can do all the
tasks above is Adobe Acrobat Pro, which is proprietary, closed source
and not meant to run on *nix, unless you use Wine or a Windows VM.

The closest thing that I know of is Zathura, but cannot really compare
to Adobe Acrobat Pro.

--=20
Ottavio Caruso