Date:      Fri, 6 May 2022 16:18:59 +0200
From:      Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        Ludovit Koren <ludovit.koren@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: running FreeBSD on Notebook

On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 4:06 PM Ludovit Koren wrote:
> I am just wondering, is anybody running FreeBSD on any modern notebook?

I have been using FreeBSD on laptops (and desktops and servers) for
around 14 years with no problem. What is more current Intel (and AMD)
DRM graphics driver for modern GPU has pretty good acceleration and
external monitors support in 13 release :-) I have all GPU, Ethernet,
WiFi, Bluetooth working :-) Bluetooth needs some manual configuration.
Some 3G/LTE modems still may need some work. All depends on your
hardware :-)

If you just want to try how things work on your hardware you may try
USB boot with NomadBSD (FreeBSD based):

https://nomadbsd.org/