Date:      Mon, 19 May 2014 14:48:25 -0700
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: poudriere in FreeNAS build

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Craig, this looks really great.
>
> Just wondering, does this preserve the these aspects of the build:
>
> 1) done in a chroot?

Poudriere builds things in a jail, which for our purposes is mostly
similar to a chroot.
The FreeNAS build system builds the jail first, before invoking
poudriere to build the ports
inside the jail.

> 2) provides an override for local mirror of source tarballs?

Yes, we have a variable PORTS_DISTFILES_CACHE which can be overridden
to point to a directory which contains a local mirror of source tarballs.
At iXsystems, that directory is an NFS mount which is accessible on
all build servers.

> 3) provides comprehensive logs when a package build fails?

Poudriere has very extensive and easy to understand logging for each
package which is built.

--
Craig