Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2018 13:31:45 -0800
From:      Conrad Meyer <cem@freebsd.org>
To:        byuu@tutanota.com
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I'd like to submit a kernel patch for a new sysctl to use EFI instead of ACPI for poweroff + reboot

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 5:06 AM <byuu@tutanota.com> wrote:

> Thank you, this information helped a lot!

I am glad to hear it.

> I am not sure where I should submit my patch to ... I'll post it here if =
that's okay. If it needs to go somewhere else, please provide instructions =
or if you don't mind ... submit it on my behalf ^^;

I'll second Jason's request =E2=80=94 please go ahead and submit a diff to
Phabricator (reviews.freebsd.org), if you don't mind.

> This patch has been created against -CURRENT, and has been tested success=
fully on 12.0-RC3. It allows me to power off my ASRock X399M (mATX) motherb=
oard, and should also work for ASRock X399 (ATX) users who have reported th=
e same problem of ACPI hanging during shutdown. Hopefully it will be useful=
 to other users in the future who experience ACPI shutdown issues as a fall=
back option.

Hm, I don't recall my ASRock X399 board having issues shutting down with AC=
PI.

Thanks,
Conrad