Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:16:54 -0700
From:      Xin LI <delphij@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?R8OzdCBBbmRyw6Fz?= <andrej@antiszoc.hu>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on IBM X3550 M3

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM, G=C3=B3t Andr=C3=A1s <andrej@antiszoc.hu> =
wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'd like to install FreeBSD onto az IBM X3550 M3 which looks like UEFI on=
ly.
> Is it possible to have FreeBSD amd64 get working on it or should I forget
> it? :(

Will it do traditional MBR boot by any chance?  As a last resort
workaround, it might be possible to take its hard drive to another
system and install grub which will boot FreeBSD but supports EFI.

(We should implement EFI on amd64 by the way).

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net> https://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve! Live free or die