Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:03:26 -0500
From:      Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu>
To:        Milan Obuch <freebsd-ppc@dino.sk>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Routerboard kernel config?

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Milan Obuch <freebsd-ppc@dino.sk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> has anybody working kernel on some of powerpc routerboard?
>
> I need one for RB600 and one for RB1000. I am able to load kernel from
> ethernet, but that's it. I found nothing relevant via google, but there
> was something mentioned on this list some day. I saw announcement
> mentioning powerpcspe, but I did not find there kernel config intended
> for some routerboard.
>
> Any help/pointers appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Milan

The RB600 likely won't work, it uses a e300 core, which we don't fully support.
The RB1000 should work with the MPC85XX kernel config.

The powerpcspe port isn't yet in head, it's in a project branch
(projects/powerpcspe), in which you would simply change the "machine
powerpc powerpc" line to "machine powerpc powerpcspe", and build with
"make buildworld buildkernel TARGET=powerpc TARGET_ARCH=powerpcspe
KERNCONF=MPC85XX"

My tests for powerpcspe were done on a RB800, netbooting.

- Justin