Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2017 13:45:27 +0200
From:      Stefan Lambrev <cheffo@freebsd-bg.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting Chronograf to FreeBSD

Hi all,

I'm trying to port Chronograf to FreeBSD (part of influxdb project).

My current work is available here -
https://github.com/cheffo/FreeBSD-Ports/tree/master/net-mgmt/chronograf
(port is not polished - I know)

But I'm facing few issues which I do not know how to address.

First issue is the building process which is not very tipical for Go
projects.
Before building it needs "yarn" to fetch additional packages - if someone
can help me get this done on the "fetch" phase of the port build I'll be
very greatful as I'm note very familiar with yarn.

Basically this is how vendor's build process looks (short version):

1) cd ui && yarn --no-progress --no-emoji (fetches external archives - does
not work with poudriere)
2) yar run build - no idea what this is doing :)
3) go generate -x `find all .go files` - crazy
3) go get -u go-bindata - I've put this currently as external build
dependency as it's already ported to FreeBSD, patched Makefile and just
skip this step so it's poudriere compatible
4) go-bindata .. `find all gen.go files`
5) go build

I'm miserably failing on step 1 - tried --offline but no luck, also no idea
how to provide access for yarn to the archive fiels that are download in
dist (they got extracted from by the ports system)

If there is a port that already solves those issues please point me to it
and I'll find out how to do it, otherwise I'm open to ideas :)