Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 2015 08:11:53 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Initial support for MT7620

Woo!

So my vague-ish plan is to fold the mt7621 support into the rt305x
directory and break out the CPU family support into like what we have
for the atheros mips family. The diff between MT7621 and RT305x was
pretty small and I bet we could roll it all in pretty easily.

I don't have any MT7621 hardware yet. What do people suggest I get?

-adrian

On 15 December 2015 at 06:58, Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After talking with Adrian off list we decided to start work on Mediatek/R=
alink more recent SoCs with MT7620 instead of MT7621 (Adrian=E2=80=99s boar=
d has MT7620 so it=E2=80=99s easier for him to help with the WiFi parts thi=
s way).

> I=E2=80=99ve done a bit today and I got an MT7620A based board to boot to=
 multi user with root filesystem on USB stick.

> If anyone is interested in the patch, it can be found here:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/e880eutzvlms8h7/mt7620_patch.diff?dl=3D0
>
> For the moment there is no support for sys/dev/rt (the Ethernet controlle=
r) with MT7620. This is going to be left for later.
> Next I am planning to work on SPI and PCI so that Adrian can start workin=
g on WiFi once I=E2=80=99m done with the SPI part.

> I would appreciate it if someone would jump in and help with the if_rt su=
pport - this way we=E2=80=99ll have something working quicker hopefully :-)