Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:46:59 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Alexandr Krivulya <shuriku@shurik.kiev.ua>
Cc:        "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Best experience with Thinkpad suspend/resume

On 22 November 2014 at 06:29, Alexandr Krivulya <shuriku@shurik.kiev.ua> wr=
ote:
> 22.11.2014 14:09, PeerCorps Trust Fund =D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=88=D0=B5=D1=82:
>> Dear mobile-users,
>>
>> We are considering the acquisition of about 40 Thinkpad laptops intended=
 to be deployed in schools as teaching tools.

>> For a significant number of reasons we have selected stock FreeBSD to ru=
n on these systems. It is not an absolute deal breaker but we are looking f=
or the Thinkpad model providing the best suspend/resume support under FreeB=
SD. I've scoured the Internet and have essentially learned that the T520 an=
d the T530 might be the best bet.

>> Can others confirm this is still the case under FreeBSD 10.1? Any other =
models/suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

>> Mike
>>
> Hello!
> I have Thinkpad E530 (Ivy Bridge) and suspend/resume works very well on
> stable and current. The only two issues are:
>
> 1. Before suspend I need to switch kern.eventtimer.timer from HPET to
> LAPIC (this enabled by default). With HPET it does not resume.

Why isn't this happening for you? It's happening for me. Would you
mind trying -HEAD out and then file a FreeBSD bug with the details?
This sounds easily fixable.

> 2. With Composite enabled in X11 I need patch [1] to avoid some screen
> garbage after resume. Without Composite all works fine.
>
> [1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2013-October/013727.ht=
ml

Gah, I'll re-poke the xorg team about this.

-adrian