Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2012 20:24:40 -0600
From:      Espartano <espartano.mail@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with nanobsd compilation

Hi folks, I have a problem compiling nanobsd, this is the problem:

I'm compiling NanoBSD from my laptop, when the compilation finish and
I reboot the laptop I can't boot freebsd correctly anymore, the boot0
stage looks correctly since I can see the boot menu like this in my
screen:

F1 win
F2 FreeBSD
F6 pxe

Default: F2

Then when I press F2 key the characters | / - \ start to spin and
suddenly it freeze, I had to boot from live-cd and mount the FreeBSD's
partition  by hand in order to verify why FreeBSD was not be able to
boot, then I realized that /boot.config file was added to root
directory just after nanobsd compilation finished, I removed that file
and rebooted the laptop and now the boot process works perfect.

The content of the /boot.config was this:

[espartano@daemonlap ~]$ cat /boot.config
-h
[espartano@daemonlap ~]$

My question is, why NanoBSD's compilation added this file to my
laptop's root directory ?

It could be a NanoBSD bug script ?

This is my NanoBSD configuration file:

NANO_NAME=ZROUTER
NANO_KERNEL=ALIX9.0
NANO_IMAGES=1
NANO_DRIVE=ad0

# !! important for ALIX boards !!
NANO_BOOT0CFG="-o nopacket -s 1 -m 3"
NANO_PMAKE="make -j 3"

NANO_CONFSIZE=102400
NANO_RAM_TMPVARSIZE=20480
NANO_RAM_ETCSIZE=10240

#NANO_NEWFS="-b 4096 -f 512 -i 8192 -O1 -U"

FlashDevice sandisk 512mb

customize_cmd cust_install_files
customize_cmd cust_allow_ssh_root
cust_comconsole