Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:32:17 -0400
From:      Trevis Elser <trevis+freebsd-sun4v@clickscape.com>
To:        freebsd-sun4v@freebsd.org
Subject:   Volunteer To Revive

Hi there to anyone still on this list. I'm submitting myself as a volunteer
to restart the sun4v architecture port. I've been a FreeBSD user for quite
a while now and I find this interesting so here I am.

Obvious places to start seem to be:
1) Posting on the sparc64 mailing list a similar message about volunteering
to take this on.

2) Digging up the old sun4v code.

3) Taking a look at OpenBSD's support for sun4v, which is merged in with
sparc64 there. So perhaps something similar, or at least a minimization of
code duplication from sparc64 could be achieved in FreeBSD.

Any thoughts, directions, tips, encouragement, discouragement (though that
would be a curiosity), or hardware to work with :)  etc. etc. would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks to anyone left who took the time to read this,

Trevis