Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2019 10:23:49 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Matthias Fechner <idefix@fechner.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to package maven based ports

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 at 20:45, Matthias Fechner <idefix@fechner.net> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I just look into the port math/jts.
> The new versions do provide only sources and they build with maven.
>
> But as maven fetch all dependencies while building (which is not allowed
> with poudriere) what is the best here to solve this problem?
>
> The current version I have is:
> https://gitlab.fechner.net/mfechner/Gitlab/tree/12.0/math/jts
>
> I tried to search in the ports how other maintainers are solving the
> problem, but I do not fully understand it.

Have a look at the java/eclipse port. It uses a pre-warmed maven
repository that is fetched from github.

You can create a localised repository that only contains the
dependancies required by the project by specifying:
  -D maven.repo.local=/my/local/repo

Once your project builds correctly, you can create a repo as a project
on Github with its contents that can be retrieved with the port for
the build.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>