Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:01:49 +0530
From:      Mukunda Haveri <mukunda@pointred.co>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   WiFi TDMA AR7161, results and moving forward

Thanks to Adrian's WiFi scripts, we were able to get the TDMA working on
the Compex-AR7161 board. The results were surprising; we are able to do,
close to 100 mbps one way iperf tests and 40 mbps bidirectional Iperf in
non-TDMA  mode. We were able to achieve this, only after disabling all the
debug options in the kernel. Porting the U-Boot to the Compex-boards did
take lot of effort, but not the "FreeBsd". Many thanks to all the
"scientists" who made this possible.

Moving forward, it is observed that the TDMA throughput peaks at 9 mbps and
refuses to move beyond. After reducing the slot duration to 1 ms, the
throughput increased to around 12 mbps. I was expecting the TDMA to yield a
better throughput because of collision-less scheme. I would like to
understand if our observation is expected or if there's some inherent
limitation within the TDMA controller.

It will be good to have some feedback from TDMers with similar experience
or better.

Thanks again,
HSM

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system. Any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. PointRed Telecom Ltd (including its group companies) shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system and does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interferences.