Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2013 08:57:35 -0700
From:      Craig Whipp <crwhipp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chromium rendering problem

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Peter Harrison
<four.harrisons@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Tuesday, 29 October 2013 at 20:56:03 +0000, LtCdData said:
>> On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 20:36:47 +0000
>> Peter Harrison <four.harrisons@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello list.
>> >
>> > I'm encountering a rendering problem in Chromium on 9.2-RELEASE.
>> >
>> > I updated my machine recently from 9.2-R from 9.1-R, and then ran a po=
rt update which pulled in several updates - including bringing Chromium up =
to 30.0.1599.101 from 30.0.1599.69, among other things.

>> > I now have a rendering problem in Chromium. On some sights, it will re=
nder the page initially before the render is complete however the page blan=
ks to white - no content visible at all. This happens consistently for exam=
ple on www.theguardian.com/uk and play.google.com

>> > Other (presumably simpler) sites render fine - eg. www.freebsd.org.
>> >
>> > Any ideas where to look for a fix? I've tried disabling my only extens=
ion (Vimium) to no effect. I've tried install a flashblocker (no difference=
). I don't have flash installed

>> > This is on a Lenovo Thinkpad X60 with 9.2-R i386 and a GENERIC kernel =
using the intel xorg driver:

>> > xorg-7.7            X.Org complete distribution metaport
>> > xorg-server-1.7.7_10,1 X.Org X server and related programs
>> > xf86-video-intel-2.7.1_5 Driver for Intel integrated graphics chipsets
>> >

>> > Thanks for your help,
>> >

>> > Peter Harrison.
>>
>> not sure if this is the same issue i had but......
>>
>> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=3D15163
>> /etc/sysctl.conf
>> kern.ipc.shm_allow_removed=3D1
>> /etc/rc.d/sysctl restart
>> > fixed it for me... _______________________________________________
>

> Thanks...
>
> But it's not that.
>
> I have kern.ipc.shm_allow_removed set to 1
>
> Without that, nothing works.
>
> With it some sites work (eg. www.freebsd.org), but some don't (www.thegua=
rdian.com).

> I've now deleted and the installed again all my ports using the process i=
n the portmaster manpage, just in case it was something that got disconnect=
ed in the update to the latest chromium.

> Is anyone else seeing this?
>

> Peter.

Yes.  I have this exact problem, too.

- Craig