Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2022 08:50:38 +1000
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@algebras.org>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        mike tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netstat -i 5-character interface name length?

Is there a reason (avoid bikeshedding) the field width can't be
increased to allow the bgeXhexIsVeryLong0 names to work?

I'm not saying "you can alias around this" is bad, but I sense we're
walking into a world which is where Linux is, with every physical
device called eth0/1/2 and then "which" device is eth0 becomes a
question..