Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2018 16:35:20 +0530
From:      Steevan Rodrigues <steevanxperia@gmail.com>
To:        mad@madpilot.net
Cc:        vhaisman@gmail.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 11.x thread creation time is 9000+ microseconds on Intel Xeon Gold series CPU

Thanks to all of you for the quick responses.

I see this issue only  on a particular server.
I do not see this issue on another server with slightly older processor
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz  (dual socket 6 core per socket)
In this system the same program takes only about 800 usec

I wonder whether it is problem with 11.x FreeBSD release on this particular
processor.
I came across two results (given below)  from Phoronix OSbench test suite
which also show poor thread creation time for FreeBSD 11.x

https://openbenchmarking.org/result/1804094-AR-1804096AR58
https://openbenchmarking.org/result/1807114-RA-WINDOWSSE47

In this look for "Create Threads"  row.

Thanks