Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2020 09:46:44 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        x11-list freebsd <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Unexpected fallout of evdev

This is odd enough that I am uncomfortable opening a ticket. it makes
little sense to me.

Since I updated to xorg-server-1.20.7 with attendant transition to evdev
and updating to mesa-19.0.8, I can no longer adjust my LCD brightness from
my keyboard. I tried xev pressing Fn does generate press and release events
but  Fn-Home and Fn-End, the brightness control keys on my ThinkPad T520,
produce no event and no change to the brightness. I can still adjust
brightness with sysctl.

Other Fn combinations, such as turning the ThinkLight on and off work, but
I know that some of these are processed by ACPI/EC without OS involvement.

Is it reasonable for the switch to evdev to cause this? Any ideas of a fix
or should I open a ticket?

I should note that I am still running with DEVD, not UDEV.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com