Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2018 22:26:07 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org" <emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Instant crash starting VBox on 12.0-Stable

After updating my system to 12 and re-installing all ports, the system is
panicing when I try to run VirtualBox. There have been several bugs opened
where VBox crashes the system instantly when started. Not the virtual
system, but the GUI to start (or manage) virtual systems.

I have two slightly different crashes, one failing from vboxnetadp.ko and
the other crashing in ifindex_alloc in if.c called from vboxnetadp.ko. In
both cases, the panic was triggered in vboxNetAdpOsCreate.

I'll admit that I was surprised to see these happen even before any VM was
started or touched.

With possibly three tickets on this, I see no responses to any of them. I
will add my report of one of them. They really should be merged, though,
and I am not sure which one will be the final one. I do have both full
dumps and can make them available.

I really need to resolve this rather soon or fall back to 11.2. Even though
I have backups, it will be quite  pain!
--
Kevin Oberman, Part time kid herder and retired Network
Engineerifindex_alloc