Date:      Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:55:56 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        "S.N.Grigoriev" <serguey-grigoriev@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Piotr Kubaj <pkubaj@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: linux-f10-flashplugin

2011/9/30 S.N.Grigoriev <serguey-grigoriev@yandex.ru>:

>>> =A0> I've done it. No results.
>> =A0I also have the same error on 2 computers using 9.0-BETA3. Before the
>> =A0yesterday upgrade, everything was fine, however. I have linsys and
>> =A0linproc mounted, linux module compiled into the kernel and Firefox,
>> =A0Chromium and Opera all show Flash Player in about:plugins.
>
> I tested linux-f10-flashplugin on 9.0-BETA3 amd64 yesterday.
> The system was compiled from fresh sources as well as ports.
> Firefox 7 and Chromium 14 work fine with the Linux flash plugin.
> The flash plugin configuration has been created strictly in accordance
> with the FreeBSD Handbook. No additional actions required.
> The problem exists for me with 8-STABLE only.

For those who missed it, this is a problem in the Linux emulation. See
the announcement from the the FreeBSD Security Officer. for details,
but the recent security patch triggered the problem by adding  check
for the _UN data structure which is 4 bytes longer in Linux than on
FreeBSD. The emulation layer has been passing the structure unmodified
to the kernel and it is now being rejected.The message states that
Colin is working on a patch to the emulation code which should be
available shortly.

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D14130+0+current/freebsd-emul=
ation

--=20
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer - Retired
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com