Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2012 12:04:56 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: confirm that csup is still usable fos the new 9.1

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it> wrote:
> On 11/16/12 18:08, Eitan Adler wrote:
>
>> There are known problems with the cluster at this time.  The machines
>> were recently moved, upgraded, and generally manipulated.  We are
>> working to fix this as fast as possible.
>

> Looks like everything is back up again.
> Thanks for the good work.

Yes, but don't bet that csup and cvs will be around long. The outage
was the result of an intrusion into core FreeBSD systems. Please read
the posting at http://www.freebsd.org/news/2012-compromise.html. It's
really time to get away from CVS and I suspect it will be going away
sooner than had been planned. I notice that no response has confirmed
whether it will be available for 9.1, probably because the security
team is still evaluating the situation.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com