Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2013 09:16:02 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        eHitam Technologies <ehitamtech@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GNOME 3 Support

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM, eHitam Technologies
<ehitamtech@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello! What is the condition of GNOME 3 on FreeBSD? I read of some 'hacks'
> like this- http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=14811
>
> I am a 3 year Fedora and Ubuntu (GNOME 3) user. I have long addiction to
> GNOME 3. In FreeBSD only GNOME 2 is visibly available. Is there any way to
> get GNOME 3? Are hacks I just posted above are stable enough? Stability as
> I am a programmer and have important binaries and source code stored. I can
> recover source code easily as all backups are automatically stored at my
> remote server, but re compiling all the binaries and getting all the
> compilers to work again is a pain.

Gnome3 is available from the FreeBSD Gnome development repo on
marcuscom. Last report was that it was being held up awaiting the
release of FreeBSD 9.1, but that has now happened, so I expect thatit
will be committed to ports soon.

For more information, like accessing the marcuscom repo, see
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com