Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 2016 18:09:42 +0000
From:      Matt Churchyard <churchers@gmail.com>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>, Vincent Olivier <vincent@up4.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Multiple bhyve Guests, Single bridge/tap?

As mentioned a bridge is the virtual equivalent of a switch. It only really
makes sense to have more than one bridge if you have more than one
interface on your guest(s), and want to connect those interfaces to
separate networks. (Or you want some guests on a different network,
possibly bridged to a different physical interface).

If you want to provide complete network separation between guests, it's
much easier to just use the 'private' option to ifconfig when bridging the
guest's tap interface. Any bridge member set to private can not talk to any
other private bridge member. Of course this is only really applicable in
multi-tenant situations like Aryeh says. If they are all your own guests,
the fact that they can see each other on the network should hopefully be a
non-issue.

Matt