Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2016 23:38:45 +0700
From:      "David S." <david@zeromail.us>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Invalid queue upload statistic

Dear All,

This is my first post, my name is David and I'm currently developing
FreeBSD as a BGP router and traffic shaper for my network.

I already setup PF + ALTQ and working great, the bandwidth speed is match
with my queue rule but the problem is the queue upload statistic. Before
continuing the story please review my pf.conf below:

===
#/etc/pf.conf

set limit states 10000000
set limit  frags 10000000
set limit src-nodes 5000000
set limit table-entries 20000000

coba_net="{ 103.1.1.0/29, 103.1.2.0/28 }"

altq on igb0 hfsc bandwidth 1000Mb queue {default_up,coba_up}
altq on igb1 hfsc bandwidth 1000Mb queue {default_down,coba_down}

queue coba_up bandwidth 2Mb qlimit 900 hfsc (realtime 2Mb, upperlimit 3Mb)
queue coba_down bandwidth 2Mb qlimit 900 hfsc (realtime 2Mb, upperlimit 3Mb)

pass quick on igb1.100 from $coba_net to any queue coba_down
pass quick on igb0 from $coba_net to any queue coba_up

===

The problem is queue upload statistic is invalid and the queue download
statistic is normal or match with my real bandwidth usage. I already do
test using speedtest.net or upload and download file from my server to my
another server on AWS and the bandwidth is match with my queue setup.

For an example, I try to upload some file to my server on AWS and the real
bandwidth usage is 4.5Mbps and here is the result from the iftop comparing
to pfctl -s queue -vv:

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
TX:             cum:   10.9MB   peak:   6.13Mb  rates:   4.59Mb  5.10Mb
 4.83Mb
RX:                     180KB            100Kb           75.3Kb  84.3Kb
 80.0Kb
TOTAL:                 11.0MB           6.23Mb           4.66Mb  5.18Mb
 4.91Mb

queue  coba_up on igb0 bandwidth 2Mb qlimit 900 hfsc( realtime 2Mb
upperlimit 3Mb )
  [ pkts:       1606  bytes:     242657  dropped pkts:      0 bytes:      0
]
  [ qlength:   0/900 ]
  [ measured:     8.8 packets/s, 9.38Kb/s ]

But the download queue statistic is normal, please see below:

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
TX:             cum:    770MB   peak:   79.2Kb  rates:   61.5Kb  59.6Kb
 62.0Kb
RX:                    36.8MB           2.84Mb           2.83Mb  2.83Mb
 2.83Mb
TOTAL:                  806MB           2.91Mb           2.89Mb  2.89Mb
 2.89Mb

queue  coba_down on igb1 bandwidth 2Mb qlimit 900 hfsc( realtime 2Mb
upperlimit 3Mb )
  [ pkts:      37847  bytes:   30114656  dropped pkts:      0 bytes:      0
]
  [ qlength:  32/900 ]
  [ measured:   248.4 packets/s, 3Mb/s ]

Please help or give me some information to fix this problem, if any
information need please let me know.

Best regards,
David Suhendrik.
e. david@zeromail.us