Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:00:54 -0400
From:      cody chandler <cody.a.chandler@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   9.0 -Release, xorg, slim, xfce4 Problem logging in.

Hello,

FBSD 9 Release I386

  Fresh install I can reproduce and have this issue 5 times now.
Reinstalled the same machine but not sure where the problem is.

Root Logins fine from console and slim.  XFCE4 loads normally.

User Logins fine from console but slim errors..  "Unable to contact
settings server"  "Failed to connect to socket /var/tmp/dbus-######:
Connection refused"  The ###### are numbers and letters that changed each
attempt to login with the User.

in /etc/ttys turned slim to off.  at console User is able to load XFCE4
with  /usr/local/bin/startxfce4

per /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slim  I set the ttys file as it recommended.
(ttyv8 /usr/local/bin/slim xterm on secure)

If I use the rc.conf file with (slim_enable="YES")  User can login from
slim without issue.

Only other port installed is Tmux.

The install cd is the same I've used at least 30 times or more for
installing and reinstalling.

I feel I am not doing something correct.  Any direction to help fix this is
welcome.  If I'm missing it.. Please tell me :)

Thanks
Cody