Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2019 02:14:13 +0800
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@freebsd.org>, brooks@freebsd.org,  Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>, driesm.michiels@gmail.com,  freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, "roy@marples.name" <roy@marples.name>
Subject:   Re: DHCPv6 client in base

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 at 08:32, Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 at 8:53 am, Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 16 May 2019 at 2:25 am, Hiroki Sato <hrs@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>>> <driesm.michiels@gmail.com> wrote
>>>   in <001e01d50b49$176104d0$46230e70$@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> dr> Has anyone ever thought or considered integrating an IPv6 DHCP
>>> client in
>>> dr> base?
>>>

>> I would like to discuss whether dhcpcd is a better option to import into
>> FreeBSD base, rather than wide-dhcp6.
>>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have been working on importing dhcpcd into FreeBSD base over the last
> few days, and should be ready to share something on phabricator for revie=
> this weekend.
>
> In addition to the normal review cycle, given I am a ports committer (I
> don=E2=80=99t have a src commit bit), I would need this to be endorsed an=
d approved
> by a src committer.
>
> I have heavily utilised the Makefile and rc scripts from DragonFly BSD.
>
> I don=E2=80=99t intend to include any changes to the kernel for improved =
dhcpcd
> functionality as a part of this review - these could be made subsequently
> if dhcpcd is committed. For now it would just be the same functionality a=
> if you used the net/dhcpcd port.
>
> Regards,
> Ben
> --
>
> --
> From: Benjamin Woods
> woodsb02@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

As promised, I have completed my initial work to import dhcpcd into FreeBSD
base, and it is ready for review, testing and comment at the link below.
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D22012

As per the comment from brooks@, I have opted to have it installed in
parallel with dhclient (which remains the default).

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods
woodsb02@gmail.com