Date:      Sat, 23 Apr 2016 09:46:10 +0200
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know why PYDISTUTILS_INSTALLNOSINGLE is marked as deprecated?
It is still used by 9 ports...

I am working on an update to multimedia/quodlibet in PR208988, and it gives
the warning "PYDISTUTILS_INSTALLNOSINGLE is deprecated, please do not use
it anymore". However, if I remove that line from the Makefile, the build
fails with "error: option  --single-version-externally-managednot
recognized".

--single-version-externally-managed is added by USES=python if you dont set
PYDISTUTILS_INSTALLNOSINGLE=yes.

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods