Date:      Tue, 6 Dec 2011 19:39:32 -0200
From:      Marcelo Araujo <araujobsdport@gmail.com>
To:        alan yang <alancyang@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org, Sergey Matveychuk <sem@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ipfw dscp support

Hi guys,

The modip was a patch that I wrote at 2008. A lot of people asked me to
re-write it, as I came(last week) from a long trip to ASIA(4 months), I=92m
trying to find time to re-write it, but in other hand, regards the
Christmas Day and the new year, and also my master degree, I don=92t believ=
I can do it still in this year.

But due a lot of people request it, I'll try to put all my effort to
re-write it in the beggining of next year.

Best Regards,
- Araujo

2011/12/6 alan yang <alancyang@gmail.com>

> Hi Sergey,
>
> I found from FreeBSD forum dated Aug. 2009 with the following:
>
> vlad2005
> Anyway, testing with improvement from patch, give desired result.
> Code:
> ipfw add 20 count ip from any to any dscp AF11
> Show command from ipfw look ok.
> Code:
> freebsd# ipfw show
> 00010  959 82291 modip dscp:AF11 ip from any to any
> 00020   24  1584 count ip from any to any dscp AF11
> 65535 1099 92987 allow ip from any to any
>
> that i wonder if a patch exists and maybe in 8.2 release already.
>
> For ipfw the support of ALTQ, wonder is it more like pf now other than
> pfctl is needed to setup the queue?
>
> Thanks again!
> Alan

--=20