Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:17:04 -0700
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Subject:   Re: Any pascal-source programs in the ports tree?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 8:55 AM, Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of any ports written IN freepascal (fpc)?  I've spent
> some time trolling through ports (other than fpc itself) that mention
> 'pascal' anywhere, but so far have found nothing with pascal sources.
>
> I hope to publish two going on three programs (one of them pretty big)
> in the coming months, written largely in ol' Turbo Pascal dialect and
> compiled with fpc 2.6, via the fp IDE.  These are console-mode programs,
> essentially a series of astronomical calculations leading to generation
> of RIFF wave audio files.  That all works without drama.
>
> Build dependency would require installing (relevant bits of) fpc and
> coming up with a sane Makefile etc for which I'd need lots of guidance,
> without immersing myself too deeply in the deep and wide ports world, so
> I was hoping to find another port for a monkey-see monkey-do template.
>
> If making a port isn't pretty straightforward I'm not too fussed; I have
> little extra time so will probably just publish sources and i386 & amd64
> binaries (maybe for linux too) and text docs for the few people who may
> be interested, but a port might be a good way to give something back.
>
> Anyone suggesting p2c will be politely ignored :)
>
> cheers, Ian  (please cc me; I'm subscribed to questions-digest)

The ports tree is full of fpc-* ( fpc parts and units are separately
prepared as packages ) and Lazarus and its some parts .

Therefore , you may imitate these ports by using them as samples .

In

http://www.freshports.org/

search

fpc
lazarus

and see found parts for how they can be build from the sources .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk