Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2019 09:03:34 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Running into a problem with pkg-static install -f pkg

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 8:06 AM The Doctor via freebsd-ports <
freebsd-ports@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On one server when I run pkg-static install -f pkg
>
> I get
>
> pkg-static install -f pkg
>
> pkg-static: Warning: Major OS version upgrade detected.  Running
> "pkg-static install -f pkg" recommended
> Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
> FreeBSD repository is up to date.
> Updating Synth repository catalogue...
> pkg-static: Repository Synth load error: access repo
> file(/var/db/pkg/repo-Synth.sqlite) failed: No such file or directory
> pkg-static: file:///var/synth/live_packages/meta.txz: No such file or
> directory
> repository Synth has no meta file, using default settings
> pkg-static: file:///var/synth/live_packages/packagesite.txz: No such file
> or directory
> Unable to update repository Synth
> Error updating repositories!
>
> Why is this happening?

Check your repo configuration file.  It's trying to access a local Synth
repo under /var/synth/live_pacakges/ but there's nothing there, so it's
failing.  Comment out that repo, and it should pull down the pkg package
from the FreeBSD repo.

Check /etc/pkg/ and /usr/local/etc/pkg/ for the repo config files.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com