Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2019 13:51:08 -0400
From:      David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-pf <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 12, pf, and Dual IP stack?

Hello,

I'm running a vps running FreeBSD 12 with pf as firewall. I've got a
public ipv4 and a public ipv6 address, the latter is not going through
a tunnel broker.

I can not wrap my head around ipv6 probably because I'm use to decimal
representations and ipv4 addressing. If anyone has a primer I would
welcome it.

With regards ipv6 I don't know if my address gives me one address or a
range? If a range what I'm wanting to do is assign that range to jails
running on a cloned interface lo1 so that each of them can have their
own ipv6 as well as natted ipv4 addresses.

Then I'd like to get pf working with a dual ip stack, forwarding both
ipv4 and ipv6 traffic to the appropriate addresses.

Currently I have a test web server running on one ipv4 address, as I
said i'd like to give that jail an ipv6 address and have that machine
respond to both ipv4 and ipv6 traffic?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.