Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 2020 16:32:48 +0200
From:      Marcin Wojtas <mw@semihalf.com>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>, MULLER Laurent <laurent.muller@alstomgroup.com>,  FONTAINE David <david.fontaine@alstomgroup.com>
Subject:   HEADS UP: NXP LS1046A SoC support in the tree

Hello all,

On behalf of the Semihalf team I'd like to announce that starting from
r365054 FreeBSD is ready to run NXP LS1046A system-on-a-chip with most
of the interfaces supported.

LS1046A are quad-core 64-bit ARMv8 Cortex-A72 processors with
integrated packet processing acceleration and high speed peripherals
including 10 Gb Ethernet, PCIe 3.0, SATA 3.0 and USB 3.0 for a wide
range of networking, storage, security and industrial applications. It
is confirmed that at least some parts of the kernel support (such as
SDHCI) was successfully used on the Solid-Run LX2K Honeycomb
development platform.

Below is the port status together with the features, which were
originally developed on top of the release/11.2.0 that have made their
way to FreeBSD-HEAD:
* LS1046A core support (Quad-CA72 SMP, timers, IRQS, UART)
  - already working in vanilla FreeBSD-HEAD before
* DWC3 USB3.0 host controller driver (FreeBSD-HEAD
  version developed by manu@)
* VF610 I2C controller (adjusted to work with the LS1046A)
* TI LM75 temperature sensor (adjusted to work with the LS1046A)
* QorIQ platform clockgen
* LS1046A CPU clockgen
* LS1046A GPIO
* RX8803 I2C RTC
* TCA6416 I2C GPIO expander
* LS1046A AHCI
* LS1046A SDHCI

The major out-of-tree components are that albeit working on top of
release/11.2.0, still require significant effort to adopt to
FreeBSD-HEAD:
* DPAA network controller support
* QSPI controller support

This was a joined effort of Semihalf and Alstom Group (main
development sponsor), in particular:
Laurent Muller
David Fontaine
Yannis Planus