Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 2015 10:06:51 +0200
From:      Dan Partelly <dan_partelly@rdsor.ro>
To:        Allan Jude <allanjude@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libUCL / UCL as FreeBSD config question

I gather then that concurrency was deemed s not important , probably not =
even mentioned in those talks.=20
I think you guys should think more at concurrency issues, and give them =
first class citizen status.
Please do not rush a solution.
=20
It;s not about making sure that 2 instances of uclcomand don't overlap, =
it is to make sure=20
that **nothing** overlaps when accessing that file. No arbitrary n tools =
/ daeomns whatever.=20
It is a , after all, an OS config file, not  the config file of a game.

Absent the will to adopt a proper, fully transactional and atomic =
mechanism of storing OS configuration,=20
I would go back to the drawing board for a while. It may  even be a long =
while.  Please do not employ an=20
half breed solution to this problem/ Leave things as they are today =
until you figure it all out from all angles.