Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 2015 23:59:40 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        FreeBSD - <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Replacing Drive with SSD

I am having to replace a drive with a SSD.  Normally if I were replacing =
it with another drive, I would hook up the new drive to the computer and =
just use dd to copy everything (system would be quiescent).  Can I do =
the same with a SSD or does it need to be setup differently?  This is a =
boot drive (i.e., the only drive in the system).  The system is =
currently working fine, but the drive temp is starting to go up so I =
want to replace it before anything bad happens.