Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 96 10:19:31 PST
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Urgent Help Adding Hard Disk Please!!

Oh, arg.  I came in this morning to find that my /var was at 101% capacity and
that eMail could not be saved.  I did a quick fix by linking the mail dir to a
ristricted dir in the /usr volume but that did not have much space left on it
either.

Here is my problem.  I added another hard disk.  A huge external 640mb scsi 1
disk.  It has one partition on it now (first I dd'ed it to kill any remander
and then used Adaptec's AFDISK utility to give it one partition.

when the system boots it shows up ok:

(ahac0:2:0):"CDC 9419-15 5376" type 0 fixed scsi 1
sd1: Direct-Access 641MB (1312975 512 bytes sectors)

but when I try to:

disklabel -rw sd1 auto

it tells me that it is an unknown disk type!  I'm stuck here.  I was doing
this in single user mode.  Any help would be appricheated, this mail is going
through a different server so I will get it but I don't know how much more
mail the main server can handle.

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 12/27/96 10:19:32