Date:      Sun, 01 Mar 2015 23:19:49 -0500
From:      Greg Cole <gregscole@me.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting FreeBSD 10.1 (and 11) on CuBox-i4pro

Hi,

I am trying to boot into FreeBSD 10.1 (or 11) on a CuBox-i4pro.

I've tried from images generated using the crochet tool (using
Wandboard-Quad)
- and also using pre-built/WandBoard images from ftp.freebsd.org.  I've
dd'd
the u-boot.imx file per README instructions from the
sysutils/u-boot-cubox-hummingboard port.

I believe the CuBox is reaching the first boot stages - evidenced by
appearance of red LED on front of box (and a brief appearance of
Solid-Run name/logo on connected HDMI monitor).  But then the screen
blanks (the red LED remains on until I remove power) and I'm at a
loss for what to do next.

I'm sure I'm missing something really basic re: informing the boot
loader where to "go next" - and wondering/hoping someone else has
managed to get further.

I sure will appreciate any pointers.  Thanks,

Greg