Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 14:25:21 +0100
From:      "Newton, Harry" <NewtonHa@logica.com>
To:        "'freebsd-ports@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pkg-plist entries duplicated between ports : advice sort

I sent this message yesterday with a ridiculous subject, unintentionally. I
suspect no-one would read it ( I wouldn't ) so here it is again:

What do I do if I want to create a port with a name that already
appears in the ports tree ? I can give the port a different name, but
what should I do if both of them install binaries and man pages with
the same names ?

Specifically: I'm creating a port of mailfilter ( from Sourceforge ),
but a mailfilter ( not the same one ) already exists in the ports
tree. I decided to call my port filtermail, but it installs
${PREFIX}/bin/mailfilter: the other mailfilter port also installs a
binary with this name.

What should I do ?

Many thanks in advance,

 - Harry

--
Harry Newton
Logica ( Manchester ) +44(0)161 438 8173

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.