Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2018 19:45:02 +0200
From:      Philipp Vlassakakis <freebsd-en@lists.vlassakakis.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 11.1: chroot users / provide pre-built binaries

Hello, everybody,

I am currently looking for a good solution to my =E2=80=9Eproblem=E2=80=9C=
.

Scenario: I have a fileserver with several hundreds local users.

Each user should be locked into his $HOME (so they can=E2=80=99t cd into =
any other user-directory, /root etc.), but can login via SSH,SFTP and =
upload files.=20
Via ZFS exec,devices,setuid is set to =E2=80=9Eoff", so they can't =
execute any self-uploaded binaries, except binaries, which are provided =
by me. (cp, mv, rm, rmdir, sh, touch, chgrp, groups, pwd etc.).
=20
The binaries are included via $PATH.
On the one hand I want to save space, so that the binairies don't have =
to be in every $HOME,=20
on the other hand the work is reduced if a binary needs to be updated.

Is there any simple way to lock users into their Home-Directory without =
editing sshd_config every time?
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Philipp=