Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:49:23 +0200
From:      Philipp Mergenthaler <un1i@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, bmcgover@cisco.com
Subject:   Re: Sysinstall HTTP Proxy install information...

In article <200009251402.KAA18109@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com> you wrote:
> Just in case someone has more time than I do to look at this, I've been playing
> with sysinstall, most notably installation through an HTTP proxy.
[...]
> The first is when you try to set one of the pre-fab choices, such as
> installing from ftp.freebsd.org, or releng4.freebsd.org, etc. It appears that
> the request sent to the web proxy does not include the "i386" part of the

Correct. The method by which the directory on the FTP server is found
has been changed in ftp.c some time ago.  Since installing via proxy
relied on this, it is now broken.

A patch is in PR bin/21449

> The second I experience when hand-entering the URL and proxy information. It
> appears in this case, it tries to download the .inf file, correctly (ie -
> bin.inf), and it claims it parses it. However, something odd seems to happen,
> and sysinstall does not realize that it is supposed to be receiving chunks,
> and asks for "bin.tgz", rather than "bin.aa, bin.ab, etc...".

Hm, I don't see this here - it correctly fetches all chunks of the
desired distribution.  IIRC, the installation falls back to
"distribution.tgz" if it couldn't get "distribution.inf".  I'll take
another look at it.

Bye, Philipp

--
http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~un1i/                          (,.)