Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:05:12 +0400
From:      "=?windows-1251?Q?=c8=ec=ff_=d4=e0=ec=e8=eb=e8=ff?=" <labria@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   acpi problem

Hello everyone,
Im kinda new to -current so the things ill be
asking may be old story but anyway.

I have a COMPAQ DESKPRO EN with a PIII450(on a BX440 mb)
I used to hame my kernel compiled with :
device  apm
device  sbc
device  pcm
(nothing for them in device.hints, sot all worked in PnP mode)
Everithing (including sound and power management) was working fine,
but i got theese messages at boot time:
unknown: <PNP0401> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources (irq)

I just couldnt understav what theese were
But later on i compiled the kernel with:
device  acpi
Now i get some acpi messages at boot time, like :
acpi0: <COMPAQ CPQB0B5 > on motherboard

BUT, now my soundcard doesnt work in pnp mode (i had to write
strings for it in device.hints to make it work again), and apm
seems to be buggy.
zzz doesnt work at all.
When trying to power down the box it sais:
Power system off using ACPI...
and hangs( I have to press the button myself to power it off)
when trying : "acpiconf -s [2345]" i get:
acpi0: AcpiGetSleepTypeData failed - AE_NOT_FOUND

So i would like to know if there is a workaround to make all
of it work, and is the acpica device supposed to work at all?
And also, whats the difference (talking about PM) between apm
and acpica?

Thanks for advance, Dimitri Krassovski.