Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:42:38 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems running 6.X on K8D-Master-F SMP

Is anyone out there running a 6.0 or 6.1 kernel on this motherboard
as either amd64 or i386 ? I can only find references to it having
been tested on 5.4 (and other 5.X releases). The reason I am asking is,
obviously, that I cannot make this run. The SMP kernel starts to
boot, gets as far as the "Waiting for SCSI devices to settle" line
and then never proceeds any further. Booting verbose does not help, as
no further messages are generated after this point.

I have tried this under both 6.0 and 6.1, though only for i386 so far. I
am assuming that if it does not work for i386 then it is unlikely to do
so for amd64. The board runs fine under Windows 2000 and both processors
show up. I have tried many different combinations of ACPI settings in
the BIOS, all to no avail.

I am hoopihn this is the right place to come in order to help diagnosing
the problem, as it (allegedly) worked on the 5 series. Does anyone have
any suggestions ? What inforation could I usefully colleect from the system ?

thanks,

-pcf.