Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:30:22 -0400
From:      "Lapinski, Michael (Research)" <lapinski@crd.ge.com>
To:        "'Denny Reiter'" <denny@reiters.org>
Cc:        Jamie <jamie@gnulife.org>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Server out of space -- Need suggestions

Your not goign to keep them in sync, this is so you users
can recieve *all* of thier mail, regardless if your primary
mail server is up. It is quite easy to config netscape and
other mail clients to poll multiple pop servers for new mail.

I was addressing topic that others had brought up with
using a netapp and sharing it between 2 boxes and having
one box grab the ip of the mail server if it went down.
Its great and all but like I said before, if your mail server
is built well then the network turns into the failure point.
And with the network being the failure point why bother having
redundant mail servers in the same physical location?

-mtl

Michael Lapinski
Computer Scientist
GE Research

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
            - IBM Chairman Thomas Watson, 1943