Date:      Tue, 2 Aug 2016 13:48:29 +0300
From:      Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Allwinner H3 - OrangePi Plus Status

<mattia.rossi.mailinglists@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Hi all,
>=20
> given that I have one of those things to play with, I wanted to ask =
what the status is these days?
>=20
> I figured that Ethernet support is working but just missing in U-Boot, =
video seems not to work yet (but I don't care) and as usual WiFi is not =
working, as there's no SDIO support. Is that correct?
>=20
> What's the status for SATA?
>=20
> And the most important question:
>=20
> How do I build the image for an OrangePi right now? Do I need a =
specific Fork off Github or do I build an Image from HEAD (12.0) or do I =
need some additional Patches so that things work?
>=20
> Can anyone give me a hint?
>=20
this is what I did (this is very fresh and experimental) but got a =
working image:
- use the latest current(12).
- u-boot from: https://github.com/evadot/u-boot-freebsd-port =
<https://github.com/evadot/u-boot-freebsd-port>;
  mkdir=20
  cp u-boot-orangepi-pc/*=20
  cd u-boot-orangepi-plus
  apply patch:

- build an ssd image:
	I=E2=80=99m attaching a wip. don=E2=80=99t just run it!

- to cross compile:
	cd $current-source;=20
        make TARGET_ARCH=3Darmv6 build world=20
        make TARGET_ARCH=3Darmv6 DESTDIR=3D/mnt-root installworld
        make TARGET_ARCH=3Darmv6 KERNCONF=3DALLWINNER buildkernel
	make TARGET_ARCH=3Darmv6 KERNCONF=3DALLWINNER DESTDIR=3D/mnt-root =
installkernel

if you got here we are almost done :-)
you will need an orangepi-plus.dtb