Date:      Fri, 29 May 2020 10:49:40 -0700
From:      joe mcguckin <joe@via.net>
To:        Freebsd hackers list <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Request: show interfaces

It=E2=80=99s always bugged me that Unix doesn=E2=80=99t show as much =
information as a typical router=20
does about ethernet interface statistics.

What we really need is the equivalent of Cisco =E2=80=99show =
interface=E2=80=99

This shows the bit rate, packet rate, count, all the various type of =
errors, etc.

Cisco allows a description field to be set for each interface, and that =
shows up also in a =E2=80=99show int=E2=80=99 output.

I think these would be great features, considering how ofter FreeBSD is =
used for routers and firewalls.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe McGuckin