Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:22:35 +0100
From:      Dieter Rothacker <didi@Xterminator.STUDFB.UniBw-Muenchen.de>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Old Libs...?

Hi,

I have just installed 4.0-SNAP-19991203. I noticed that some packages (e.g.
samba, bash2) complain about missing shared libs (e.g. libreadline.so.3
needed and .4 is installed). Reading similar things in the mailing list
archive, I assume that I have to install the old libs from a 3.3-stable BIN.
Correct?

How do I find out which bin-archives I really need to download? I looked at
the mtree-file, but did not find the exact arc files mentioned. I do not
want to download all bin.* files.

Please forgive me if the solution should be obvious, it is my first try at
FreeBSD.
--
Dieter Rothacker