Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:32:13
From:      "IRCD IRCD" <ircds@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Internet browser setup

Hello,

I am a new linux user running FreeBSD 4.2 on my computer currently, and i
have also manage to gain internet access via PPP. And the desktop manager
that i am using is GNOME, but whenever i type "startx" to start up the
server, i recieved a message from the gnome system that there is "some
problem with accessing gnome internet and i should include the file in
/etc/host". Could i please get some help in fixin this problem.

And another problem, is that when i right click my mouse, i can see the
browser programs "Internet explorer and Netscape" available on the internet
menu list. But when i try to click on either one of them, nothing happens.
Could i please get some help on how i can use em or install em properly to
gain access to the webbrowers.

Thank you in advance for your help!