Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 2002 09:23:08 -0400
From:      "Maxime Romano" <verbophobe@hotmail.com>
To:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recompiled Sawfish, now startx works only for root WAS [Re: Newly installed

>From: <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
>To: Maxime Romano <verbophobe@hotmail.com>
>CC: <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>, <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
>Subject: Re: Recompiled Sawfish, now startx works only for root WAS [Re:
>Newly installed
>Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 11:39:35 +0100
>
>Hi Maxime,
>    That's worked for!
>
>However, I'm back to my original problem:
>
>"Sawfish not running", when trying to configure Sawfish as ordinary user.

Sawfish must be running *before* you can configure it.

>Running "sawfish" at cli returns: "You can only run one window manager"
You have to kill your current window manager, and start sawfish quickly, or
else the old window manager might kick in and try to take over again.

Try something like "killall metacity;killall enlightenment;killall
sawfish;killall twm;sawfish 1&- 2&- 3&- &"  That oughta fix everthing up.

-Maxime Romano