Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:10:26 -0400
From:      "Derek True" <sigmafour@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting ti to half duplex

    Hello,

I've posted this to freebsd-net but have a feeling I might have posted to
the wrong list. Hopefully someone here will know the resolution to the
following problem:

   I'm currently trying to set my 3com 3C985-SX gigabit NIC to
Half-Duplex.I've recompiled FreeBSD to include the ti driver but have been
unsuccessful in setting it to Half-Duplex. I'm currently getting info from a
fiber tap which only sends and cannot recieve. When the NIC enters
full-duplex mode the software I'm using on the box shuts down due to the
lack of establishing link. This can be resolved by setting the NIC to
operate in half-duplex. The ti man page says see ifconfig. Ifconfig says its
a driver setting, (so go see the ti man page.) Rc.conf also has been no
help. Has anyone here dealt with the same problem? Any help is immensely
appreciated.

    Thanks
    Tom