Date:      Tue, 04 Dec 2001 11:58:49 -0800
From:      "Srinivas Dharmasanam" <the_srinivas@hotmail.com>
To:        wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG, ken@kdm.org
Cc:        jlemon@flugsvamp.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP&IP cksum offload on FreeBSD 4.2

Hi,
I'm using the Netgear GA620 Gig ethernet NIC with Tigon II chip.

Do you know if it is possible to increase the buffer size for standard sized
ethernet frames from 512 buffers to say, 1024?

I assume I'd have to modify the firmware and the host driver to accomodate
these buffers. I dont plan to use Jumbo frames at all, and I can reduce the
buffers allocated for them if necessary.

Thanks,
-Srinivas